General info and things to know before you come
For New Students
We recommend starting with the Basics class. Please know that it may take up to 3 classes to get used to the poses/ sequencing…it is a practice!
What You Need to Know and Bring
- Do not eat a big meal 1½ hours before class.
- Bring a water bottle but also remember to be well hydrated before class.
- Wear comfortable clothes you can sweat and move in. Men: shorts and moisture wicking shirt. Women: leggings and moisture wicking shirt/tank.
- Bring a yoga mat and a towel. We do sell Jade and Manduka yoga mats. Mat rental is $2.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before class.
- Remove shoes before entering the yoga room, leave them outside in our shoe trays.
- TURN OFF all cellphones. Do not bring them into the room.
- Let the teacher know if you have any injury so they can help you modify poses.
- After class, wipe down your mat and the area around you.
BASICS Class Information
Our goal is to: support you as well as empower you. You will learn a sequence of fundamental yoga poses and correct alignment (using modifications and props) that will:
- Connect your movement with your breath. This will allow your body to release tension and fully stretch. Breath and movement also develops internal heat and rhythm, used as momentum to move through the series of poses.
- Build strength of body and mind. When we strengthen our mind we are better able to handle stress and uncertainty. A stronger body moves more easily, and is less prone to injury and chronic pain.
- Give you the skills and confidence to build your yoga practice.
AM/PM Practice Class Information
Our goal is to: offer a more physically demanding and challenging sequence while maintaining breath and alignment. You will:
- Prepare for some more advance poses such as backbends and inversions.
- Expand on your strength, flexibility and stamina.
- Find your flow through the sequence.
We offer private sessions at the studio. These sessions are ideal if you are completely new to yoga, recovering from an injury or want to learn advanced poses. email us if you would like to set up an appointment.